Curran: RTÉ has made it past ‘the very dark days’
State broadcaster will focus on digital, says its director general
A combination of budget cuts, staff redundancies and programming controversies have taken their toll on RTÉ, but things are improving, according to the state broadcaster’s director general.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive