China’s long march to football domination
China’s football has followed the same model as in other industries, purchase abroad to learn best practice
A year ago this week, a company backed down from one of the more bizarre propositions that European football had seen. Ledman, an LED manufacturer that sponsors the Chinese Super League and promotes itself as a “strategic partner of Chinese FA”, took over the naming rights of the Portuguese second tier and thought it could take a whole lot more with it.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.