Brian Keegan: The Tax Take
There are good reasons why most companies don’t pay corporation tax
The end of August, the end of summer, the end of the silly season. The lack of activity in the body politic during the last few weeks makes it harder for colleagues on other pages to fill up their allotted space. Random comment and analysis receives a prominence which perhaps at other times of the year would not see the light of day. This summer, we heard some of our parliamentarians’ insights into global warming and the possibility of alien life which do not perhaps sit easily with received wisdom on these topics.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive