Where Ireland's Rugby World Cup bid fell behind
Evaluation report backs South Africa ahead of final vote, as lack of experience and venue concerns hurt Ireland's scores
Ireland’s bid to host the Rugby World Cup in 2023 has suffered a blow after the board of Rugby World Cup unanimously recommended that South Africa be chosen when a final vote is taken on November 15.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.