Banks prepare for tug of war
Mortgage debt is still a big issue for banks, but they are also drawing the battle lines to win new business
Banks are likely to come under increasing pressure in the weeks ahead to tackle mortgage debt, with fears building in government circles about the flood of home repossession cases before the courts.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.