10 steps for getting and closing a mortgage
It’s your biggest asset, your biggest purchase, and the biggest debt you will take on in your life: here’s how to do it right
If you want to take on one of the largest debts you are ever likely to carry then you have to do it responsibly. This is what banks want to see when they underwrite your loan application because they only have one chance at the very start to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ and the rest of the future of a mortgage rests upon that decision.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive