The Gadget Guy
The world beyond SMS
According to some reports from Irish networks, the ‘traditional’ text message has seen a cliff-dive, with a little over 30 per cent reduction in SMS texts sent this year against the same period last year. Not that folk are reverting to the pen and paper, but the take-up of chat applications like Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger has meant that the traditional text message – and even the good old voice call – may be stuff of nostalgia.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive