SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy payload is paying off
Three exoplanets already confirmed in first three months of observation
The first big discovery by TESS, the successor to Kepler, has hinted at far more to come. The Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite, which was the primary payload on SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy launch last year, has possibly found a planet a lot bigger and far less hospitable than Earth amongst the first three exoplanets it has confirmed in its first three months of observation.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive