Internet of everything
Aoife Valentine looks at how the data produced by connected devices can be put to use
The ‘Internet of Things’ (IoT) has been around a lot longer than the buzz around the phrase has been. In 2008, according to Cisco, there were already more ‘things’ connected to the internet than people. By 2020, Cisco estimates the number of internet-connected things will reach 50 billion.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.