Don't understate the importance of women role models in tech leadership
Women must be in on technology because we need to keep building the things that work for us
Last week, I attended a women-in-tech event, the kind for a general audience. It’s refreshing to hear women talking about big innovations, like the engineer at Scania who is head of hybrid and electrified powertrain projects. It was similarly nice to hear talks from women working in virtual reality, and at least acknowledging that with a market that is mostly made up by men, men are still setting the agenda – but it has so much potential outside of that.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.