A line in the sand
Róisín Kiberd explains how staying compliant is no easy task, but it is a vital one for Irish businesses
Created by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, and aligned with initiatives from leading financial service providers including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and Japan’s JCB, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) was first published in December 2004 with the goal of protecting card issuers by holding merchants to a straightforward, yet exacting, set of guidelines.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.