Each year spent renting is a turn of the screw
We allow a toxic property market to continue to reward incumbents while hurting those outside it
The future of this nation is so closely linked to housing that we simply cannot afford to get it wrong, despite every effort to do so. Homelessness is the most topical element of the debate, but it is a symptom of dysfunction rather than a disease itself.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive