The gardening grapevine
Top tips to get your garden in ship shape
Kevin Dennis enjoys designing child-friendly gardens as he believes that when children grow up with a nice garden, it can be the beginning of a love for outdoor space and gardening for future generations. “When I design a garden for young families, I know the children will grow up always remembering that the garden was a large part of their home life,” he said. The more there is for children to do in the garden, the more the outdoors will appeal to them. Special sunken trampolines are easier on the eye and will keep them active, and playhouses feed the imaginations. Special raised beds can be used to encourage an interest in growing their own plants, and wildlife can be encouraged with birdhouses and bug hotels.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.