Scrapping Help to Buy is fraught with risk
The scheme has its flaws, but doing away with it now would be a huge gamble
With Budget 2018 just over two weeks away, the government’s decision on whether to retain or scrap the Help to Buy (HTB) scheme looms closer with every passing day.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive