Rock out with a U2 guitar at Morgan O’Driscoll sale
Abstract art has a high profile in Morgan O’Driscoll’s current Irish Art Online Auction. Tony O’Malley collectors will be familiar with the leading lot, used as the cover illustration of a major study of the life and work of the painter edited by Brian Lynch and published in 2004. O’Malley’s abstracts were invariably grounded in elements of the landscape. Summer Solstice, Summer Kite, 1992, an oil and collage on board, is a depiction of a midsummer kite soaring over the golden ochre spread of ripe crops. Measuring 122 x 122cm, it has an estimate of €20,000-€30,000.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive