Retail sector braces for shock waves from Britain
So far, things on this side of the water remain buoyant, but there are some who fear that may change.
Last week Debenhams became the latest British retailer to release bad news, cutting its profit forecast for the third time in six months, and stating that it now expects pre-tax profits for the 2018 financial year to be between £35 million and £40 million, compared with market expectations of just over £50 million.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.