Mothers and kings reign over African collection
Want to add a frisson of exotica to a contemporary interior? Add a piece of African art. Victor Mee’s sale this week offers 65 pieces from the Allen Denton Miller Collection, valued at €15,000-€20,000. Highlights include Figure of Motherhood, a large timber sculpture that is a virtual twin of one in the collection of the Metropolitan Museum in New York. It is from the Bambara, an ethnic group from Mali that dates back to 2,500 BC.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.