A letter of note to a woman of significance
Who has access to private missives sent over the internet? It’s a 21st-century head-banger, but ’twas ever so. A letter sent by Lord Edward FitzGerald to his sister Lucy in 1796 caused consternation in the FitzGerald household. It reads in part: “I wrote to Mother last night telling her the Fleet had left the Coast.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.