Laying the foundations of unrest
We have to train 110,000 workers to deliver the houses and infrastructure we need. But how?
We have a skills gap. I wrote about the anecdotal evidence of this two years ago when I was lamenting the availability of carpenters, having become used to getting them on demand whenever one was needed.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive