When elegance trumped comfort
Pleasing the eye was the key intent for the creators of 18th-century furniture now coming to auction
For blue-chip provenance, it’s hard to beat Leixlip Castle in Co Kildare. One of Ireland’s oldest continuously inhabited buildings, it dates from 1172 and is currently owned by Desmond Guinness.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive