Jim Reynolds: Bordering on the sublime
Restoring the overgrown grounds of a former boarding school was quite a task for garden designer Reynolds
Jim Reynolds, the renowned garden designer and owner of Butterstream Gardens in Trim, Co Meath, closed up shop and disappeared more than a decade ago. Well not quite, but that may be how it seemed to some. He had in fact become deeply involved in one of the most ambitious restorations of a house and garden the country has ever seen – the magnificent Ballyfin, in Co Laois.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive