A secret garden
Tullynally Castle is home to many exotic species and enchanting sculptures
I’ve visited the gardens at Tullynally Castle on the Coole road, just outside Castlepollard in Co Westmeath, many times, as I used to live nearby. The scenic drive from the N4 through the village of Crookedwood, past rolling hills, with glimpses of Lough Derravaragh and Knock Eyon is nostalgic. When visiting, the first views of the castle are of the austere gothic battlements and towers around the stable. This view belies the delightful and tranquil gardens beyond.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.