First scalp for new politics as ministerial order quashed by opposition
Coalition of Fianna Fáil, Sinn Féin and independent TDs veto fisheries law in a Dáil first
The government is alarmed at the prospect of ministerial orders being voted down by the Dáil after its first ever defeat of this kind.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.