Bill aims to penalise campaigners giving false information online
The bill would allow users who are targeted by online adverts to find out who is paying for them
Campaigners who give false or misleading information in online ads could be liable for a fines of up to €5,000 or jail time of up to a year under a proposed new law.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive