The world’s best actor says, ‘I’m finished’
Day-Lewis was never a ham. But he was particular about bacon
Daniel Day-Lewis sent back my bacon. Twice. I mention this because the actor, comprehensively regarded as peerless in his craft, was headline news last week, having made official his imminent retirement. A statement issued through his agent read: “Daniel Day-Lewis will no longer be working as an actor. He is immensely grateful to all of his collaborators and audiences over the many years. This is a private decision and neither he nor his representatives will make any further comment on this subject.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.