Tolerance is lacking in abortion debate
Contemporary Ireland is a nation that seems determined to find issues which tear us apart at regular intervals.
The playwright Brian Friel had a unique ability to convey a sense of Irishness. He portrayed this country in a way that no others before or since have, and seemed to presciently define its people as a nation forever restlessly seeking to redefine its identity.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.