When theocracy, not democracy, ruled Ireland
Scandals like the Kerry Babies were rooted in a grim, inward-looking repressive society
If the past is a foreign country, the Kerry Babies case seems from another world at another time. Like a bolt from the blue, a shameful controversy believed to have been safely swept under the carpet explodes just as a historic debate is beginning in Dáil Eireann.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive