Ten false beliefs that may lead to a hard Brexit
As talks restart, the EU’s ability to compromise isn’t helped by fallacies surrounding the issue
The Brexit negotiations restart this week; to make progress, each side will have to reach out across its red lines. But the EU’s ability to compromise (and Irish support for it) is being hobbled by a series of fallacious beliefs.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive