Recovery is leaving Sinn Féin behind
The post-crash period is changing politics – and Sinn Féin is losing out
Austerity has been good to Sinn Féin. After a very disappointing general election result in 2007, the financial crash of 2008 was an unlikely blessing in disguise. As politics became engulfed by an acid tide of disaffection, Sinn Féin very successfully marketed itself as the people’s ‘anti-party’ political party.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive