Ratbag majorities to be order of say
The people are determined to vote against politics and politicians, and let the pieces fall where they may
The parties to the new arrangement were as different in outlook as even their names suggest. Fianna Fàil, now in opposition for the first time in 16 years, did not believe it would last. Sean Lemass dismissed the new creations as “a makeshift majority”. Could we be heading there again?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.