Plain and simple truth
The presidential election is a microcosm of the modern tendency to reduce politics to sloganeering and media stunts
As an aside to his findings on the dysfunction at the centre of the police force where senior figures had lost sight of the greater ideals they were meant to serve, Mr Justice Peter Charleton, in his recent report from the Disclosures Tribunal, couldn’t resist an observation about what he calls a “hideous development in Irish public life”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.