Pat Rabbitte: Cameron’s folly could sink Britain
It is hard to think of a precedent where a prime minister embarked on such a reckless gamble with his country
Perfidious Albion could scarcely have done more harm to Ireland if it had tried to. The irony is that relations between the two countries have never been better since independence. That Ireland has become collateral damage of a reckless referendum was, of course, not intended and most voters probably never gave the implication for this island a second thought.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive