Nóirín O’Sullivan is gone. Now what?
There is a civil war within the Garda Siochána. A new commissioner will take over a force brimming with internal conflict
The Policing Authority, the government and the Commission on the Future of Policing have different ideas on the precise time frame for appointing the new Garda Commissioner.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive