'New National Maternity Hospital is proof old habits die hard'
What right has the Sisters of Charity to hold onto this land?, asks Susan O'Keeffe
The accumulated hangups, secrecy and downright lying that have persisted in the state when it comes to sex and babies - for at least the last century - are difficult to change. Old habits do indeed die hard but what a pathetic reason that is for what we witnessed yesterday.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive