McDowell: We need to be proactive in Brexit negotiations
If Ireland doesn't stand up at the Brexit negotiating table, it risks being handed a bad deal
Last week, Theresa May set out her government’s wish-list for its Brexit deal with the EU. Her Lancaster House speech was aspirational rather than specific. The bottom line is that she envisages a post-Brexit relationship in which Britain is no longer part of the EU or of the EU’s single market but is able to have a maximum free-trading relationship with the EU. Whether that is feasible or not remains to be seen.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.