National tax sovereignty must be defended
A company is not a citizen and does not have the same moral duties, rights or responsibilities
The publication of the EU Commission's detailed state aid ruling in the Apple case doesn't add much to what we’ve known since August. The main purpose of the publication of the state aid ruling is to fulfil the commission’s obligation to publicise details of processes and procedures, and explain how it arrived at the conclusions it did. It does nothing otherwise to advance either the commission’s own case or Ireland's position when making an appeal. Remember that the main players have already had this detail for several months.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive