Too many promises, no voice of reason
Conservative debate could have prevented a pre-crash budget that encourages borrowing when we can ill afford it
The absence of an economically conservative party has created an unwelcome vacuum in Irish politics, one which meant an absence of intellectual and philosophical debate about last Tuesday’s budget.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.