Why Irish rugby has the world at its feet
Ranked second only to New Zealand, our national team has a real chance to win the World Cup next year in Japan
The 2019 Rugby World Cup is just over a year away, and has there ever been a rugby season more anticipated in Ireland? Last season was the most successful ever in the history of rugby in this country, the national side winning a grand slam and an overseas tour in Australia, and Leinster winning the great double, the European champions cup and the Pro 14. Add to this the emergence last season of new super-talents like Joey Carbery, James Ryan, Jordan Larmour and Ross Byrne, and expectations in Ireland are huge.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive