Ireland the target as Brexiteers feel the fear
The MPs who have made Ireland the butt of their blame revealed their anger too – anger at their own powerlessness
It’s our fault – Ireland’s that is. It’s entirely our fault that Brexit is not wrapped up in a Christmas ribbon, with MPs back in their constituencies eating mince pies and drinking homemade mulled wine, patting themselves on the back with pleasure at their success.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.