Inching back towards a softer Brexit
The backstop and the border: is it time for us to turn?
She led her party into a disastrous election, and now leads a divided government; she is awkward in the media, markedly lacking in charisma, and never decides today what she can put off till tomorrow. And yet Angela Merkel is one of the world’s most respected leaders.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive