IBRC inquiry must not cost too much and find too little
In late February, Leo Varakdar told the Dáil that the cost of the operation of the commission of investigation into the Irish Bank Resolution Corporation (IBRC) is now estimated at between €20 million and €25 million. The figure was based on the current rate of expenditure, the extended work timeframe, the risk of further delays and likely legal costs.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.