Growth forecasts are as reliable as our weather
The Irish economy doesn’t do moderation. It is beset with ups and downs, so it is vital we keep resources in reserve
Almost all forecasters expect the Irish economy to grow by an average of 3-4 per cent per year over the next five years or so. In European terms, this is a high growth rate and it ties in with the long-run average growth rate of the Irish economy.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive