Government's rail plans built on wishful thinking
Recent governments have shelved the proposals that could transform public transport, writes Fearghal O'Connor
The government wants to introduce a high-speed, one-hour train link from Belfast to Dublin. The idea will have come as a surprise to anyone who has watched the government’s actual approach to rail transport in recent years.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive