Michael McDowell: 'We are at a tipping point between young and old'
The government must wake up to the real problems that threaten to rob an entire generation of optimism and confidence
Irish society is sleepwalking towards another tipping point. That point is when the younger cohort of our state’s population begin to strongly believe that things are not going to be better for them than they were for their parents’ generation.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive