SBP editorial on Facebook: Indifferent, avaricious and insular
When people think of the social media giant Facebook in Ireland, they think of the gleaming office building on Grand Canal Dock. They think of the perks - the free meals, the frequently vesting share options, the employer-funded health insurance. But the Channel 4 programme that aired last week, exposing a litany of failures at the company’s Dublin office, wasn’t shot there. It was captured in an office building called Beckett, located across the river in the traditionally working class area of East Wall, historically home to Dublin Port dockers.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive