That Oscar blooper has vindicated everyone who makes mistakes
We should not be afraid of our mistakes, because few people get to the top without making a few along the way
In the run-up to last week’s Oscars ceremony, Jordan Horowitz, the producer of La La Land, must have considered dozens of memorable ways to conclude what he imagined might be his winning acceptance speech. However, “This is not a joke, come up here. Moonlight has won best picture,” was unlikely to have been one of them.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.