Donald Trump tore up the rule book every time he opened his mouth
How the Donald got to say: ‘You’re fired!’
There is just a chance that Donald Trump has pulled off the biggest business coup of his life. Or more precisely, a three-card trick of staggering proportions and simplicity. Early in his tilt at the Republican nomination, he realised that as a political outsider, not in with the Republican establishment and with neither an organisation nor a history of political involvement, he was attempting the almost impossible. He was even being depicted as the joke candidate, the reality TV star with a ridiculous hairdo. A big ego out of his depth who had forgotten his place in the hierarchy of popular culture.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.