Varadkar's tough week just got tougher
The Taoiseach now faces an even greater challenge as the EU leaves him to deal with the British and the Irish border issue
It’s been a very tough week for Leo Varadkar. And it’s just got tougher. When Donald Tusk gave Leo a seemingly unlimited discretion to determine whether Britain had made a sufficient commitment on the Irish border question to permit the Brexit talks to proceed to the second stage on December 14, it was a mixed blessing.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.