There is no difference between Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael
Whether to enter a coalition with each other will be a choice Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael will have to face sooner or later
A year ago, as the election results gave us weeks of political stalemate, I was arguing in this column that a Fine Gael/Fianna Fáil national coalition government gave us the only prospect of a functioning administration with the necessary numbers and the talent to take us through the looming Brexit crisis years.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive