Citizenship should be revoked when abused
The case of an Irish citizen alleged to have been an Islamic State fighter must not be ignored by the government
Leo Varadkar and Donald Trump last week gave us the polar opposites in the debate on immigration. Faced with a crisis on the Mexican border, Trump took to the airwaves to blame illegal immigrants for a vast wave of violent crime and drug abuse in the US. He has previously claimed that the flow of illegal immigrants across the Mexican border facilitates terrorists entering the country.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive